This mac and cheeze is best eaten ... ANY TIME. If you’re wondering what gomasio is, it is a delicious savory condiment typically made from sesame seeds and salt. Do yourself a favor and go order some. So much flavor. Check out the creaminess of this sauce! It's incredibly easy to make. Simply soak cashews for 1-2 hours in advance, and then blend with nutritional yeast and a few other ingredients and spices. Cook your pasta, pour the sauce, stir everything up and top with toasted almonds, nutritional yeast and gomasio and you’re good to go! Dinner on the table in roughly 20 minutes.
Creamy Golden Mac and Cheeze With Gomasio [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups, pre-soaked cashews (soak for 1-2 hours)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 pinches cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 cups gluten-free pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons gomasio (see notes)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Cook gluten free pasta according to directions on packaging.
- Drain soaked cashews.
- While pasta is cooking, blend soaked cashews, water, olive oil, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, paprika, salt, cayenne, pepper and turmeric until completely smooth and creamy.
- Drain pasta and gently fold sauce into pasta until well coated.
- In a small pan, lightly toast chopped almonds, nutritional yeast, gomasio, and sea salt on stove over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Spoon pasta into separate bowls.
- Sprinkle topping over pasta.
Gomasio can be purchased online, in the spices section of your grocery store, or you can make your own.