This tisane/herbal tea will cool you from the inside out. All of the herbs and spices have cooling properties for the body once they are ingested. And, the majority of them have the added plus of being beneficial for your digestive system. Also, they smell friggin’ amazing. Three cheers for these magical and mystical plants!
Cooling Herbal Tisane [Vegan, Grain-Free]
3 1/2 cups
- 3 stalks lemongrass, sliced into rounds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole green cardamom pods (about 18-20)
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 cup gently packed fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh lavender leaves
- 2-inch piece of ginger, sliced into coins
- With a mortar and pestle (or the butt end of a kitchen knife and a bowl or cutting board), gently bruise/crush the lemongrass, cardamom, and fennel seeds.
- Add them to the quart jar along with the remaining ingredients. Pour just enough hot water (not boiling water) in the jar to cover the herbs and spices. Let the mixture steep for 3-5 minutes, then fill the remaining space in the jar with cool water.
- Cover, then park the jar in the refrigerator to steep for at least 4 hours. Strain before serving. Makes about 3 1/2 cups. Sweeten to taste.