As a raw foodist, the winter can be a very trying time. This is a great dish to eat during the colder months; it’s warming from the inside out. The spices in this recipe are also very healing. Find this recipe and more in Raw and Radiant: 130 Quick Recipes and Holistic Tips for a Healthy Life, by Summer Sanders, available from Skyhorse Publishing!
Comforting Coconut Coconut Zoodle Curry [Vegan, Raw]
Ingredients You Need for Comforting Coconut Coconut Zoodle Curry [Vegan, Raw]
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 1 cup shredded kale or spinach, tightly packed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup soaked cashews or young coconut flesh
- 1/4 cup raw organic sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup Coconut Jerky
- 3 leaves basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachios or favorite nut
- Microgreens for topping
How to Prepare Comforting Coconut Coconut Zoodle Curry [Vegan, Raw]
- Spiralize the yellow squash and transfer to a bowl. Add the shredded kale and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the coconut oil, cashews or coconut flesh, sunflower seeds, curry powder, turmeric, cinnamon, onion powder, coconut sugar, vinegar, and salt. Process into a creamy sauce.
- Pour the sauce onto the kale and the noodles. Massage it into the kale and noodles to make sure the flavors are incorporated.
- Top with Coconut Jerky, chopped basil, crushed pistachios, and microgreens.
This recipe and many more beautiful, holistic dishes can be found in "Raw and Radiant: 130 Quick Recipes and Holistic Tips for a Healthy Life" by Summer Sanders. Available on Amazon!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.