As a raw foodist, the winter can be a very trying time. This is a great dish to eat during the colder months; it’s warming from the inside out. The spices in this recipe are also very healing. Find this recipe and more in Raw and Radiant: 130 Quick Recipes and Holistic Tips for a Healthy Life, by Summer Sanders, available from Skyhorse Publishing!
Comforting Coconut Coconut Zoodle Curry [Vegan, Raw]
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 1 cup shredded kale or spinach, tightly packed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup soaked cashews or young coconut flesh
- 1/4 cup raw organic sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup Coconut Jerky
- 3 leaves basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup pistachios or favorite nut
- Microgreens for topping
- Spiralize the yellow squash and transfer to a bowl. Add the shredded kale and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the coconut oil, cashews or coconut flesh, sunflower seeds, curry powder, turmeric, cinnamon, onion powder, coconut sugar, vinegar, and salt. Process into a creamy sauce.
- Pour the sauce onto the kale and the noodles. Massage it into the kale and noodles to make sure the flavors are incorporated.
- Top with Coconut Jerky, chopped basil, crushed pistachios, and microgreens.
This recipe and many more beautiful, holistic dishes can be found in "Raw and Radiant: 130 Quick Recipes and Holistic Tips for a Healthy Life" by Summer Sanders. Available on Amazon!