This coconut bacon is a great addition to salads, sandwiches, soups...even desserts! But don't let me fool you-this stuff is addictive. You'll get to the point where you'll barely be able to walk by a bag without grabbing a handful of the stuff...or is that just me? This coconut bacon recipe is super easy to make, and a great way to teach non-vegans that we make damn good food too! All you need is coconut, liquid smoke, maple syrup, and liquid aminos!
Coconut Bacon [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Coconut Bacon [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
How to Prepare Coconut Bacon [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine liquid smoke, liquid aminos, maple syrup, and water in a large mixing bowl. Pour in flaked coconut, using a wooden spoon to gently toss the coconut in the liquid mixture. If adding smoked paprika, add and toss to coat evenly. Once the coconut is evenly coated, pour it onto a non-stick baking sheet and slide in the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes, using a spatula to flip the 'bacon' about every 5 minutes so it cooks evenly. This stuff WILL burn if you're not keeping an eye on it and regularly flipping it, so please do. Coconut bacon can be stored in a sealed bag or container for up to a month, refrigerator optional.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 1450 | Total Carbs: 70 g | Total Fat: 140 g | Total Protein: 16 g | Total Sodium: 1092 g | Total Sugar: 27 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.