My daughter had a friend over yesterday and they wanted to bake, so we decided to go for a Swedish classic – chokladbollar (no excellent English translation for it…), albeit in a updated version. These are much more nutritious and (I think) even better tasting than the ones I made with my mom when I was little. We added hazelnut which gave them that extra little extra, and needless to say they were all gone by the time the day came to an end.
Coconut Brownie Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup hazelnut butter
- 1.5 cups oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, more to roll them in
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (raw if available to you)
- Melt the coconut oil in a pot on low heat. Then add the other ingredients and stir it all together thoroughly.
- Remove the dough over to a baking bowl and place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until the dough is firm enough to work with. It will help if you give it a stir a few times while in the freezer.
- Place some shredded coconut on a plate. Using your hands, shape little round balls/bites and roll/coat them in the coconut. Place in the freezer again for 10 to 20 minutes (or more) before serving.