These coconut and raspberry ice cream bites are the perfect sweet treat of a hot day or a sultry afternoon. The creamy coconut ice cream is topped with an elegantly simple homemade raspberry compote and then finished with a drizzle of chocolate.
Coconut and Raspberry Ice Cream Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Ice Cream:
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 can coconut cream
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (you can also use agave)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup freeze dried raspberries (optional)
For the Raspberry Sauce:
- 7 ounces fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1.25 ounces vegan dark chocolate, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, to garnish
To Make the Ice Cream:
- In a medium bowl mix the desiccated coconut with the coconut cream, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Make sure to drain the coconut cream of any liquid before adding it to the bowl.
- Stir this mixture until everything is well combined.
- If you are using the freeze dried raspberries, crush them into powder and add them to the mix.
To Make the Raspberry Sauce
- Add the raspberries with the lemon juice and sweetener of choice in a pan and put it over a medium heat.
- Let them cook for 5-8 minutes. You want to get a sauce-like consistency but be careful not to leave the sauce with too much liquid.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Take a plastic container and first pour the raspberry sauce, then on top of the sauce add the coconut ice cream.
- Let it cool for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Before adding the chocolate topping, make sure the ice cream has been cooled in the freezer.
- Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil.
- Decorate it any way you want.