These chewy oat bars are sweetened naturally with banana, maple syrup, a touch of cinnamon, almond extract for flavor, and a handful of raisins. They're topped with a finishing touch of a drizzle of melty chocolate. Double up on a batch of these so you have enough to get you through the week — one batch for lunch boxes and one batch for snacking at home.
Chocolate Raisin Oatmeal Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed well
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a blender or food processor, process 1 1/2 cups of oats into a fine flour.
- Add the oat flour to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of oats (not processed), baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon and mix through.
- Add in the mashed banana, maple syrup, coconut oil, and almond extract and mix well, until combined.
- Add in the raisins and mix through.
- Pour the batter into an 8x8-inch baking dish that is lined with parchment paper or tin foil, and spread out until even.
- Bake for 30 minutes. The top should be golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Melt the 1 cup of chocolate chips and drizzle over the top.
- Place the dish in the refrigerator and allow the chocolate to harden.
- Cut into 9 squares and serve.