Gluten free chocolate pancakes: the breakfast you've been waiting for. This seemingly sweet recipe only has 1 banana to sweeten the whole batch and then some berries for the topping. Of course you can top you pancakes with pretty much anything! Why not top them with even more chocolate! Fluffy, super chocolaty, perfectly sweet, these gluten free chocolate pancakes are incredibly delicious & the perfect item on any brunch table!
Chocolate Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 potato starch
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted coconut oil + some more for cooking
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (I used plain unsweetened oat milk)
- Toss all ingredients in a blender, blend until well combined.
- Over medium heat, pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter on a well-oiled pan. I use unscented coconut oil.
- When bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancake, flip and cook it for a minute on the other side.
- Garnish with berries & vegan Nutella, Enjoy!