Today is a great day because I have a Healthy Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut “Nutella” Spread recipe for you to enjoy. Believe me…I’ve eaten my share of Nutella back in the day. And everyone else’s share as well. Eventually, I realized it was basically nothing but refined sugar and palm oil with soy lecithin and empty calories with no nutrition at all, so I just quit buying it. Make it instead!
‘Nutella’ Spread [Vegan]
- 2 1/2 cups organic raw hazelnuts
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 2/3 cups homemade almond milk
- Put the raw hazelnuts in a glass 8 x 8 baking dish and roast at 400 degrees for approximately 10 minutes (they will burn much longer than that).
- Allow the roasted hazelnuts to cool completely.
- Using your fingers, peel off the skins of hazelnuts (you don't have to get them all perfect).
- Add all the ingredients into a Vitamix (adding the hazelnuts last) and blend until smooth and creamy. Use the tamper if necessary and stop periodically to check and see if you need to add a tablespoon or more of almond milk so it will be smooth and creamy.
- Store in an air-tight glass container.