Today is a great day because I have a Healthy Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut “Nutella” Spread recipe for you to enjoy. Believe me…I’ve eaten my share of Nutella back in the day. And everyone else’s share as well. Eventually, I realized it was basically nothing but refined sugar and palm oil with soy lecithin and empty calories with no nutrition at all, so I just quit buying it. Make it instead!
‘Nutella’ Spread [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for ‘Nutella’ Spread [Vegan]
- 2 1/2 cups organic raw hazelnuts
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 2/3 cups homemade almond milk
How to Prepare ‘Nutella’ Spread [Vegan]
- Put the raw hazelnuts in a glass 8 x 8 baking dish and roast at 400 degrees for approximately 10 minutes (they will burn much longer than that).
- Allow the roasted hazelnuts to cool completely.
- Using your fingers, peel off the skins of hazelnuts (you don't have to get them all perfect).
- Add all the ingredients into a Vitamix (adding the hazelnuts last) and blend until smooth and creamy. Use the tamper if necessary and stop periodically to check and see if you need to add a tablespoon or more of almond milk so it will be smooth and creamy.
- Store in an air-tight glass container.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.