These mango chocolate bites have everything your little heart could possibly desire. They rest on a sticky mango, coconut, and buckwheat crust that is topped with a fresh blueberry jam then, the whole treat is placed atop a mango slice and double-dipped in chocolate.
Chocolate-Covered Mango Bites [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon filtered water
- 1/4 vanilla bean, just the seeds
- 1/3 cup buckwheat, soaked 30 minutes, drained, and rinsed thoroughly
- 1/2 cup finely shredded coconut
- 2 ripe mangos
For the Blueberry Jam:
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon coconut nectar (or your preferred sweetener to taste)
For the Chocolate:
- 1/3 cup raw cacao butter, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoon coconut nectar (or your preferred sweetener to taste)
- A pinch of salt
To Make the Base:
- Combine all the ingredients (except buckwheat and shredded coconut) in the food processor and process until a sticky mixture forms.
- Add the buckwheat and shredded coconut and pulse them a few times. You could keep it more or less crunchy – it’s really up to you.
- Remove the mixture from food processor and form into a loaf, then roll flat with a rolling pin about 1/4 inch thick.
- Use cookie cutters to create the desired shapes.
- Place cookies on a sheet of baking paper and set them aside.
To Make the Jam:
- Put everything for the jam into a blender and blend until smooth a smooth mixture forms.
- Spread this over the cookies in a 1/4-inch layer.
- Place the cookies in the freezer for 30 minutes
- Dip each cookie in melted chocolate and add a mango slice to the bottom as the chocolate hardens (use cookie cutters to create the desired shapes).
- Dip the whole thing in chocolate again.
- Place the cookies in the freezer for 30 minutes for the chocolate coating to set.
To Make the Chocolate:
- Melt the cacao butter until it is liquid.
- Once it's melted, add the remaining ingredients and slowly whisk them together until the mixture is smooth.