Who doesn’t love a batch of chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven, or how about a chocolate chip cookie dough shake? Or heck, we’ll even take a chocolate chip-flavored smoothie, piece of pie, and pancakes and waffles (and let’s not forget the muffins!) if you give them to us. Something about a chocolate chip recipe just signifies the ultimate, simple comfort food; there’s really nothing quite like it for a moment of indulgence and nostalgia at the same time.
Chocolate chip recipes are for anyone of any age, but they don’t have to be made with dairy-based chocolate chips. You can now find soy-free, gluten-free, no sugar added, sugar-free, nut-free, egg-free, and even raw chocolate chips (also known as raw cacao nibs). So basically, you’re all set if one of those classic chocolate chip hankerings comes about.
Pick up a bag of any kind of vegan chocolate chips you enjoy, (or some raw cacao nibs), and give these 10 delicious vegan chocolate chip recipes a try for National Chocolate Chip Day or any day of the year!
1. Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies
These yummy bites are high in protein and even gluten-free, but they certainly don’t taste as healthy as they are. Warm, nutty and oh so flavorful, these make excellent snacks to keep on hand all week!
2. Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
No fuss or frills here, but they sure do make the packaged ones look like a waste! Featuring classic ingredients that make a great recipe for anyone wanting the simple chocolate chip cookie to enjoy, these bites are one to enjoy without an ounce of guilt!
3. Chocolate Chip Pecan Pumpkin Bread
Source: Chocolate Chip Pecan Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin (or bananas) can be used in vegan baking to replace eggs and oil, so they work great in loaf bread recipes such as this Chocolate Chip Pecan Pumpkin Bread. This has a rich, hearty, and sweet flavor and the gooey, warm flecks of chocolate chips take plain old pumpkin to a whole new level! Enjoy this for breakfast, snack, or dessert!
4. No Bake S’Mores Bites
Source: No-Bake S’Mores Bites
S’mores are a classic treat to enjoy for dessert, but who says you have to roast them to enjoy them or use regular chocolate bars? Using chocolate chips is simple, fast, and you can create a s’mores flavor without any cooking at all. Try these no-bake treats for a classic flavor without much prep at all!
5. Double Chocolate Berry Good Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: Double Chocolate Berry Good Cookies
Featuring no sugar but tons of richness, these cookies also include a few simple superfoods like goji berries, coconut, and chia! They’re also sugar-free and sweetened with stevia, but packed with raw cacao and stevia-sweetened chocolate chip cookies. Trust us, these are so sweet you’ll never miss the dairy, sugar, or junk in those store-bought options!
5. High-Protein Cacao Nib Cookie Dough Bites
Source: High-Protein Cacao Nib Cookie Dough Bites
For those looking for a chocolate chip energy ball recipe, you’ll love these high protein goodies, which feature raw cacao nibs and simple ingredients that take just minutes to make. Whip up a batch of these for your next pre or post-workout snack!
6. Mayim Bialik’s Secret Chocolate Chip Recipe
Source: Mayim Bialik’s Secret Dark Chocolate Cookies
Looking for a little celebrity status with your cookies? For all you Mayim and Big Bang Theory fans, you can now brag to everyone you enjoy her favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe on a regular basis. And then you can proceed to tell everyone they’re 100 percent vegan … talk about a crowd-pleaser! Mark this recipe down for keeping, it’s definitely one to remember!
7. Chocolate Raisin Oat Cookies
Source: Chocolate Raisin Oat Cookies
Remember Raisinets? If so, while those are tasty, they’re also packed with chemicals and way too many ingredients. What’s wrong with simple raisins and chocolate? That’s what you’ll get in these Chocolate Raisin Oat Cookies which include oats, raisins, chocolate chips, and only simple ingredients we all recognize and can enjoy right in our home!
8. Coconut Chocolate Chip Smoothie
Source: Coconut Chocolate Chip Smoothie
Talk about a nice dessert option! This smoothie is so good for you that you could even have it for breakfast, which we highly recommend since raw cacao nibs (raw chocolate chips) are quite the little energy bombs!
9. Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Oat Bars
Source: Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Oat Bars
The only thing that beats chocolate chip recipes is when you slather on some peanut butter … or, at least we think so, anyway! These bars are excellent for a dessert, snack, and you can even spread a little peanut butter inside two and make a dessert sandwich! Did we mention they contain healthy ingredients? No need to, their indulgent factor speaks for itself!
10. Flourless Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
Source: Flourless Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
Cocoa powder makes an easy substitution for flour in a recipe, knocks out the unhealthy and refined carbs, and makes your recipes richer and more chocolatey—which is really another reason chocolate is a miracle food in all lights. Whip up a batch of these flourless cookies and don’t forget the nutty pecans; they really add the final touch!
11. Chai-Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source: Chai-Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chai is possibly one of the most warming, amazing spice blends of all. Cinnamon, cardamom, and a few other goodies, it’s essentially the flavor to go to when you want to mellow out but feel like indulgence too. These Chai-Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect for tea time or even make a nice little after dinner dessert!
12. Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Source: Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
You either hate this flavor or you’re obsessed with it until death do you part. For those of us who love it, it’s likely one of our go-to ice cream flavors, which thankfully, is easy to make vegan. Try our Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream to satisfy that minty, chocolate, and oh so light and decadent flavor that is unlike any other!
13. Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins
Source: Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins
Now, let’s talk muffins. They’re perfect for breakfast, a snack, or even a mini dessert. But … sometimes, we’re just not feeling the regular blueberry or banana. Remember those packs of processed mini chocolate chip muffins you could get at the gas station and grocery store? Oh yeh, those are tasty, but these Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins will put them to shame and you can actually feel much better about eating them too!
See more chocolate chip vegan recipes here for additional classic delights! Hey …. it is a holiday after all, right?
Lead Image Source: Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
The recipes for the pecan cookies and chocolate chip muffins are missing with the links. The link only takes you to a picture.