These Flourless Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies are in one word…amazing! You will be shaking your head in disbelief that these cookies have absolutely no flour, grains or gluten and still taste delicious. I experimented using both almond butter and peanut butter and even though the peanut butter ones were “OK," they were definitely much drier in taste. The almond butter version will give you the most fudgy, moist, melt in your mouth chocolate cookie.
Flourless Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies [Vegan]
20 - 25 small cookies
- 1 cup organic almond butter
- 3/4 cups raw coconut crystals (or other granulated sugar)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cup vegan/gf chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup organic pecans (chopped)
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoon ground flax + 6 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- In a small bowl, whisk the ground flax seeds and water and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the remaining ingredients and the flax eggs and stir until well combined.
- a) For drop cookies: drop a spoonful at a time onto your baking pan.
- b) For rounder, traditional cookies: drop a spoonful at a time onto your baking pan, lightly pat them down with your fingertips to flatten them slightly and pat the edges with your fingertips to smooth them out.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool completely before removing from the baking pan.
Tip #1: I’ve made these with both almond butter and peanut butter and the texture is so much better with the almond butter. I think it's because it is more creamier than the peanut butter. I make my own almond butter so I process it until it is ultra creamy and smooth. Tip #2: I used the raw coconut crystals, which is a low glycemic sugar, to cut back on the sugar content, but feel free to use your favorite granular sweetener.