Just a drop of this potent ingredient added the campfire feel that s’mores invoke. Then, topped with chopped dark chocolate that got all melty and luscious, this oatmeal felt even more like a real s’mores than the version that actually had marshmallows.
Chocolate Campfire Oatmeal With Graham Crackers [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Campfire Oatmeal With Graham Crackers [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup milk of choice or water
- 1/4 cup quick cook steel cut oats
- 1/3 cup grated zucchini + 2 tsp maple syrup OR 1 mashed banana*
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- scant 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke (honestly, like 1-2 drops)
- pinch of salt
- graham cracker crumbles, for topping
- chopped semi-sweet or dark chocolate, for topping
- chocolate nut butter, for topping
How to Prepare Chocolate Campfire Oatmeal With Graham Crackers [Vegan]
- Bring milk (I use an equal mixture of almond milk and water) to a boil, add oats, and reduce heat to medium.
- Add zucchini and maple syrup, or one mashed banana, to the oatmeal. Stir.
- Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add vanilla extract, liquid smoke, and salt. Stir.
- When you're pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. Top with graham cracker, chocolate, and chocolate nut butter, if using.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.