This is the only chickpea salad you will ever need. Chickpeas are mashed with crispy cabbage, creamy avocado, tangy red onion and chives, umami capers, plus more spices to bring to you a simple, but amazingly flavorful sandwich. Make a big batch of this budget-friendly meal and store it in the refrigerator for your meals throughout the week, alternating between sandwich, wrap, salad topping, or any other way you prefer it.
Chickpea Salad Sandwich Deluxe [Vegan]
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and mashed
- 1 cup cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 avocado, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 4 sandwich rolls
- Toppings of your choice
- Add mashed chickpeas, cabbage, avocado, chives, onion, garlic, and capers into a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Fold all ingredients together.
- Serve on sandwiches with lettuce, sprouts, tomato, cucumber, vegan cheese, etc.