Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
This is the only chickpea salad you will ever need. Chickpeas are mashed with crispy cabbage, creamy avocado, tangy red onion and chives, umami capers, plus more spices to bring to you a simple, but amazingly flavorful sandwich. Make a big batch of this budget-friendly meal and store it in the refrigerator for your meals throughout the week, alternating between sandwich, wrap, salad topping, or any other way you prefer it.
Chickpea Salad Sandwich Deluxe [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chickpea Salad Sandwich Deluxe [Vegan]
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and mashed
- 1 cup cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 avocado, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 4 sandwich rolls
- Toppings of your choice
How to Prepare Chickpea Salad Sandwich Deluxe [Vegan]
- Add mashed chickpeas, cabbage, avocado, chives, onion, garlic, and capers into a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Fold all ingredients together.
- Serve on sandwiches with lettuce, sprouts, tomato, cucumber, vegan cheese, etc.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 1174 | Total Carbs: 242 g | Total Fat: 58 g | Total Protein: 57 g | Total Sodium: 6558 g | Total Sugar: 11 g Per Serving: Calories: 444 | Carbs: 61 g | Fat: 15 g | Protein: 14 g | Sodium: 1640 mg | Sugar: 3 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.