Nothing hits the spot like a burger when you're feeling extra hungry. These amazing burgers are made of chickpeas, hummus, chia, and sun dried tomatoes, so they're not only healthy but also very filling! Flavored with Garlic, onion, spices, lemon, and Italian seasoning, these burgers are packed with flavor, and perfectly paired with a simple lemon tahini sauce.
Chickpea Burgers Drizzled With Lemon Tahini Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Chickpea Burgers:
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 1/3 cup hummus
- 1/4 cup chia seeds plus 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
For the Lemon Tahini Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons plain hummus
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Water, to thin
To Make the Lemon Tahini Sauce:
- While burgers are cooking, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients, adding enough water until you reach the consistency of mayonnaise.
To Make the Chickpea Burgers:
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes into a large food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add in chickpeas, onions, garlic, and basil and pulse until the mixture resembles course crumbs.
- Add mixture to a bowl and add in the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Form mixture into six patties. Place on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Flip burgers over and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Once finished, assemble burgers to your liking and top with lemon tahini sauce.