Easy, healthy, and filled with complete plant-based protein, these stuffed avocados make a tasty side dish or light lunch. Quickly sauté some collard greens and tempeh with herbs and spices and then stuff it into a creamy, refreshing avocado.
Cheesy Tempeh Stuffed Avocados [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 large avocados
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 6 ounces of plain tempeh, crumbled
- 4 leaves of collared greens, stemmed and chopped
- 4 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
Heat up coconut oil in a skillet and sauté the onion together with cumin seeds and turmeric for about 5 minutes. Add bit of water if needed.
Mix in crumbled tempeh and chopped collard leafs (stems removed) and continue to cook for another 8-10 minutes.
Turn the heat to low and stir in almond milk and nutritional yeast. Mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the pit. Top each half with the tempeh stuffing and serve.
- Collard Greens
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile