This vegan cheeseburger pizza combines the best of both junk foods! Ground beef made from textured vegetable protein is generously sprinkled over a ketchup and vegan mayonnaise based sauce. Top it all off with your favorite vegan cheese sauce, tomato, onions, and pickles. Sounds a bit bizarre, but tastes delicious!
Cheeseburger Pizza [Vegan]
For the 'Ground Beef':
- 1 tablespoon oil, for crisping
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein (TVP)
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 vegan beef buillon cube
- 2 tablespoons vegan worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
For the Burger/Pizza Sauce:
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 2 teaspoon vinegar
For the Pizza and Toppings:
To Make Vegan "Ground Beef":
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a mixing bowl, add dry TVP and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, boil water with buillon cube on high.
- Pour seasoned water in the bowl with TVP, cover and let rehydrate for 10-15 minutes.
- In a separate pan, heat oil on medium-high heat.
- Once oil is hot enough, add rehydrated TVP and cook until it becomes crisp and starts to resemble ground beef, about 30-40 minutes. Set aside.
To Make the Sauce:
- Mix all ingredients together and set aside
To Make the Pizza:
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to make about a 14-inch pizza.
- Add the 1/4 cup of cheese sauce and 1/4 cup burger sauce and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add TVP mixture and vegan shredded cheese and cook another 10 minutes.
- Add onions and tomatoes and cook another 5 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven, top with diced pickles and remaining burger sauce.