If you’re looking for a much healthier and more nutritious version of chocolate mousse, you’ve got to try this cauliflower chocolate mousse. There’s more than a full serving of vegetables in each cup, it’s free from refined sugar, and also super allergy-friendly (no dairy, eggs, soy, or gluten). Cauliflower is one of those miraculous vegetables that works incredibly well in both sweet and savory dishes. All you have to do is steam the cauliflower over a pot of boiling water for about 10 minutes until soft. Then add it to a blender with the remaining ingredients until smooth and creamy. That’s it! So easy and there’s no way anyone can ever tell there are vegetables hidden in your chocolate mousse! If you have picky eaters at home, this cauliflower chocolate mousse is a great way to get them to eat more veggies without even realizing it!
Cauliflower Chocolate Mousse [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 scoop Detox Organics Chocolate Superfoods Powder
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Place a steam basket on top and add the cauliflower florets. Steam for about 10 minutes until soft. Remove from heat and set aside to cool down
- Add the steamed cauliflower and remaining ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth
- Pour into serving cups and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or longer. Serve with a dollop of coconut yogurt, berries, shaved chocolate, nuts, etc. Enjoy!