The star of this yummy carrot salad is turmeric! Turmeric is a bright orange root that has peppery, warm and bitter flavors. It is best known for its extraordinary anti-inflammatory properties and has been used in Chinese and Indian medicine for centuries. Here, sweet, creamy golden dressing is tossed with carrot noodles, crunchy almonds, and raisins. Perfect for lunch, barbecues, and picnics!
Carrot Noodle Salad With Turmeric Dressing [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Salad:
- 3 large carrots
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
For the Turmeric Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon powdered turmeric or 1 tablespoon fresh turmeric, minced
- 1 teaspoon sweetener
- A pinch of salt
- Place all of the turmeric dressing ingredients in a blender or bowl and blend or whisk until smooth. Spiralize or grate three big carrots.
- Place the carrots, almonds, raisins, and turmeric dressing in a medium bowl and toss until mixed.