Even after making so many batches of raw bliss balls and experimenting with so many flavors, I still find myself in amazement each time that they can be so good without being packed full of sugar or butter. These Caramel Oat Bites are about as simple as it gets with just three ingredients, yet to me they are as good as any caramel you will find at the store. Possibly better when you consider what goes into them! You could try adding a little sea salt for a salted caramel version. Plus, these are gluten-free as long as your oats are certified!
Caramel Oat Bites [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 7 ounces dates, soaked in hot water for 1 hour
- 1 3/4 cups raw gluten-free oats, plus extra to coat
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- Drain the dates then add them, along with the oats and cashew nut butter, to a food processor.
- Blend until they have formed a smooth, sticky paste.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator for 10 minutes —t his will make it easier to roll into balls.
- Separate the mix into small portions, roll into balls, and roll in the extra oats until they are fully coated.
- Store in the refrigerator.