These Caramel Macadamia Cookies are bakery style chewy good-ness! An absolute favorite packed with caramel and macadamia nuts and vegan of course!
Caramel Macadamia Cookies [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup melted vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegan cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons non dairy milk
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the caramel sauce on parchment paper and place in the freezer overnight or atlas 6 hours to get firm so it can be rolled into balls to stir into the cookies.
- In a large mixing bowl add the butter and melt in the microwave, stir in the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in the chopped macadamia nuts, remove caramel from freezer, scrap off chunks and roll into tiny balls to add to the dough and gently fold in.
- Roll large golf ball sized balls and place on lined cookie sheet, flatten cookie place more caramel on top if desires and place in oven to bake for 15 minutes. 6 cookies per baking sheet.
- Remove from the oven and let cool 15 minutes.