Rice salads are perfect when you want something a bit more filling than a salad, but not quite as heavy as a sandwich. They have plenty of greens, a generous helping of healthy grains, and in the case of this salad, onions, chickpeas, and almonds! The Italian tahini dressing ties the dish together, making it one you'll want to make over and over again.
Brown Rice Salad With Italian Tahini [Vegan]
For the Bowl:
- 4 cups brown rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
For the Italian Tahini Dressing:
- 5 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Place the cooked and cooled rice in a large bowl. Stir in the chickpeas, red onion, celery, raisins, almonds, and parsley.
- Stir the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and drizzle over the brown rice mixture.
- Toss to combine.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving.