While lentils undoubtedly make a delicious soup, did you know they can also make an excellent pizza crust? In this recipe, brown lentils are blended with flaxseeds, garlic, and salt, and then baked. The result? A wonderfully thick and flavorful crust. Yum!
Brown Lentil Pizza Crust [Vegan]
- 1 cup cooked brown lentils
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, blend the lentils, flaxseeds, salt, garlic, and bicarb until puréed.
- While blending, pour in the vinegar and blend until just combined.
- Use a non-stick spatula to spread the mixture onto the baking paper into the shape of a pizza base.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and if the top has puffed up, carefully press it down using a spatula or other utensil.
- Top with your desired sauce and toppings and serve right away.