A delicious appetizer or a snack in short, it is always good, and you can also serve it on a bed of pasta!
Broccoli Paté With Quinoa Chips [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Broccoli Paté With Quinoa Chips [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Broccoli Paté:
- 1 fresh broccoli
- 1.2-ounces cashew nuts
- 4 walnuts
- 2 celery leaves
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons small desalinated capers
- A small clove garlic
- 1.8-ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Quinoa Chips:
- 4.2-ounces quinoa
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
How to Prepare Broccoli Paté With Quinoa Chips [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Soak the cashews for about 3 hours then drain them and keep them aside.
- Soak the quinoa for 3/4 hours by changing the water a couple of times. Rinse repeatedly and toast dry in a pan, then cook in a volume of water equal to double for about 15/20 minutes or until the water is totally absorbed. Switch it to the mixer for a few seconds to break it a little, this will allow the dough to be together more easily. Turn on the oven at 350°F.
- In a boule, mix the quinoa mixture with the sesame seeds, then place it on a sheet of lightly oiled parchment paper. Divide the dough into two. With oiled hands, press it so as to make it as thin as possible, (if you can do it easier in the initial phase, help yourself with a rolling pin after covering the dough with a sheet of oiled oven paper also) surface the sheet. Bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and break it following the cracks that will form during cooking, put in the oven to brown for about 5 minutes. Repeat the operation with the remaining dough
- Wash the broccoli well and cut it into florets. Blanch for a minute and a half in boiling water. Drain it (keeping aside a cup of water) and cool it in iced water.
- In a mixer, reduce the pureed broccoli with the help of a little cooking water. Add the cashew nuts, the walnuts, the parsley, the basil, the capers, the garlic, the celery leaves, the salt and operate the mixer pouring the oil flush to obtain a soft cream (if necessary add a few tablespoons of cooking water). Store in a well-closed refrigerator and cover with a little oil to cover the cream. Serve the cream with lentil sprouts or others to taste and the quinoa sheets.
The cream is very good also accompanied by slices of grilled polenta.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 323 | Carbs: 22 g | Fat: 24 g | Protein: 7 g | Sodium: 151 mg | Sugar: 1 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.