Turn the traditional decadent dessert on its head by transforming it into a healthy breakfast! So here's how it works: instead of ice cream, add three scoops of thick oatmeal! Dairy-free yogurt replaces whipped cream and then it's sprinkled with healthy toppings like fresh fruit, almonds, hemp seeds, and more! Hello, weekend breakfast plans!
Breakfast Banana Split [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 banana, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup cooked gluten-free oatmeal, prepared thick
- 1/4 cup plain vegan Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3 large strawberries, sliced or diced
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- Almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegan mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon all-natural strawberry jam, warmed
- Place banana cut-side up on a plate. Scoop three scoops of oatmeal onto banana.
- Mix together the greek yogurt and maple syrup. Once sweetened to desired taste, spread over top of oatmeal.
- Sprinkle on strawberries, hemp seeds, nuts, and chocolate chips.
- Drizzle warmed srawberry jam over top.