Each of the three main flavors in this recipe blend together so beautifully. Once combined, they each become subtle and complement each other with perfect harmony.
Blueberry Lime Basil Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup milk of choice, or water
- 1/4 cup steel-cut oats
- Large handful of blueberries
- Juice of one lime (~2 tablespoons)
- 5 basil leaves
- Pinch of salt
- Bring milk to a boil, add oats, and reduce heat to medium. (If you'd like to add a teaspoon of flax or chia seeds, do so now.)
- Add a few berries right away.
- While the oatmeal is cooking, chop or chiffonade your basil leaves.
- Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add lime juice, basil, and salt. Stir.
- When you're pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, gently fold in the remaining blueberries.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add a splash of your milk of choice and any other additional toppings (more basil, lime zest, more blueberries, etc.).