This is really delicious blueberry ice cream, with antioxidants and vitamins and healthy fats and protein. Vegan and gluten free and sweetened with maple syrup. Four kids were in the house and they all loved it as did all us parents. I highly recommend this one whenever you’re after a healthier kind of sweet treat.
Blueberry Ice Cream With Tofu and Cashews [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Blueberry Ice Cream With Tofu and Cashews [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup soaked cashew nuts, soaking water removed
- 1.5 cups blueberries, ideally frozen
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup silken tofu
- 1 tbsp. almond butter
- A pinch of salt
- 4 to 5 gluten-free ready made ice cream cones
- A few chopped cashew nuts to garnish
How to Prepare Blueberry Ice Cream With Tofu and Cashews [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Soak the cashew nuts for a few hours or over night, alternatively soak them in hot water for 15 minutes. Then remove the soaking water.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and let it run for a few good minutes until you have a completely smooth cream. Then pour it into your ice-cream maker, and let it run until you have a firm, almost frozen consistency. If you don't have an ice cream maker, pour the mix into a container, place in the freezer and stir a few times until you have the right consistency (this will take between 1 and 4 hours).
- Place the ice cream into a plastic bag with a small hole in one of the corners and press it into the cones (this is good if the consistency is more creamy/less frozen). Alternatively, make scoops (better if the ice cream is harder). Fill the cones and garnish with the chopped cashew nuts.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.