Sometimes, life just craves simplicity — like this blistered cauliflower paired with an Asian-inspired pesto sauce. Snow-white florets are roasted until crisp around the edges and then paired with a vivid green, light and tangy sauce. The combination of sourness, sweetness, and savoriness paired with the smokiness of the florets creates a balanced experience. It's simply delicious.
Blistered Cauliflower With Asian Cilantro Pesto [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Blistered Cauliflower:
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Cilantro Pesto:
- 1 1/2 cups cilantro (both leaves and stalk)
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon vegan fish sauce
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 big cloves roasted garlic
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons water
To Make the Cauliflower:
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Slice the cauliflower so that both sides are flat.
- Place the cauliflower strips on to the baking sheet. Drizzle generously with olive oil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt as soon as the baking sheet is out from the oven.
To Make the Pesto:
- Roast the garlic along with the cauliflower.
- Put everything in a food processor and pulse until you achieve smooth jade green liquid. Serve with cauliflower.