From the sugar cone crust to the colorful speckles of sprinkles on the inside, this vegan cheesecake is perfect for all occasions. The creamy vanilla filling, made from a combination of dairy-free cream cheese and silken tofu, gives the perfect New York-style cheesecake experience.
Birthday Cake Cheesecake With Sugar Cone Crust [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 box sugar cones, crushed
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter, soft
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Filling:
- 2 8-ounce packages vegan cream cheese
- 2 12.3-ounce packages soft silken tofu
- 1/2 cup agave
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup natural sprinkles (optional)
For the Coconut Whip Topping:
- 1 13.66-ounce can solid coconut cream or 2 13.66-ounce cans of coconut milk chilled in refrigerator overnight
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup natural sprinkles
To Make the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper (optional).
- In a food processor, add the sugar cones, gently pulse until smaller bits remain. Add vegan butter and coconut sugar, pulse a few more times, and then press the mixture into the bottom of the spring form pan. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
To Make the Filling:
- In a food processor add the vegan cream cheese, silken tofu, agave, and vanilla extract, and pulse until smooth and creamy. With mixer on slow, slowly add the cornstarch and flour a little at a time until fully incorporated. Pour the mixture into the spring-form pan and bake for one hour.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let cool on a countertop for 1 hour. Top with coconut whip and sprinkles and store in the refrigerator to set for at least 1 hour.
To Make the Topping:
- In the bowl of a standing mixer add the solid coconut and whip until smooth. Sift in the powdered sugar and add the vanilla, and set aside to chill.