If you're craving something hearty and "meaty," this is the recipe for you! Portobello mushrooms make the most amazing taco filling that you can definitely sink your teeth into. Topped with fresh veggies and avocado cream sauce, these tacos can't be beat!
Better Than Steak Tacos [Vegan]
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 small white onion
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced tomatoes (1-2 depending on size)
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 large avocado (ripe/soft)
- Juice on lime (half of a large lime or a whole small one)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 stems of cilantro (pull leafs off of stem)
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet pan on medium heat, slice your mushrooms, onions and garlic and place them in the pan with your seasonings (onion, garlic, cumin, chili, salt, pepper). Add your olive oil and let cook for about 10-15 minutes while you prepare the rest.
- For the creamy avocado sauce, place all the ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth, once smooth spoon into a bag (so you can drizzle it over the tacos) – don't snip the end of the bag until tacos are ready!
- Warm your tortillas, you can use the oven if you would like, but I just tossed them in a different pan over medium heat until they warmed up.
- Chop your tomato's and rinse your lettuce.
- Assemble your tacos, tortilla, "steak" filling, tomato, lettuce, filling, tomato, lettuce again, and then drizzle your creamy avocado sauce over the taco and enjoy!