One of the healthiest staples you can use in your cooking. Feel free to add or subtract any thing that you’d like, but rest assured that these are super healthy from the get-go with the recipe I provide below.
Best Veggie Burger With Carrots and Pinto Beans [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
20 small patties
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup broccoli (peel and chop stalk too), finely chopped
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1 15.5-ounce can pinto or Roman beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- In a large bowl, add the pinto beans and mash with a potato masher or a fork. Add the rest of the ingredients and incorporate evenly by hand. Form into meatballs and flatten. Each patty should be about ½ inch thick and the diameter can be as large as you want.
- In a large frying pan over medium high heat, add the veggie patties (the hot pan should ensure that they don't stick and get a nice little crust; no oil needed!). Brown the bottoms (2-3 minutes) and flip to brown the other side, 2-3 more minutes. Serve.