All ages love cereal simply for the fact that it brings back that nostalgia of childhood and waking up on a Saturday morning with the whole day in front of you and immediately downing a bowl of pure sugar. This vegan three-ingredient berry cereal is here to rectify that sugar crash! This breakfast brings back all those warm, fuzzy childhood cereal memories and it’s totally healthy and plant-based. It’s made with just three simple ingredients and it’ll actually fill you up.
3-Ingredient Berry Cereal [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 cups gluten-free whole grain rolled oats, ground into flour
- 1 cup date paste (about 16 Medjool dates blended with 1 cup hot water)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh berries, blended
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Blend the oats until they resemble flour.
- Measure 1 cup of oat flour into 3 separate bowls.
- Make the date paste, then measure out 1/3 cup of paste into each of the 3 bowls.
- Purée 1/2 cup of berries, and put into one bowl. Repeat with the remaining berries and add to the remaining bowls of batter.
- Stir to combine each bowl of batter until thoroughly mixed.
- Grab about 3 teaspoons of batter, roll into a ball, and place on a lined baking sheet. Repeat until all the batter is on the baking sheet.
- Bake the cereal for 30 minutes.
- Allow the cereal to cool and sit out for about 2 hours. This is when it gets crunchy!