All ages love cereal simply for the fact that it brings back that nostalgia of childhood and waking up on a Saturday morning with the whole day in front of you and immediately downing a bowl of pure sugar. This vegan three-ingredient berry cereal is here to rectify that sugar crash! This breakfast brings back all those warm, fuzzy childhood cereal memories and it’s totally healthy and plant-based. It’s made with just three simple ingredients and it’ll actually fill you up.
3-Ingredient Berry Cereal [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for 3-Ingredient Berry Cereal [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 cups gluten-free whole grain rolled oats, ground into flour
- 1 cup date paste (about 16 Medjool dates blended with 1 cup hot water)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh berries, blended
How to Prepare 3-Ingredient Berry Cereal [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Blend the oats until they resemble flour.
- Measure 1 cup of oat flour into 3 separate bowls.
- Make the date paste, then measure out 1/3 cup of paste into each of the 3 bowls.
- Purée 1/2 cup of berries, and put into one bowl. Repeat with the remaining berries and add to the remaining bowls of batter.
- Stir to combine each bowl of batter until thoroughly mixed.
- Grab about 3 teaspoons of batter, roll into a ball, and place on a lined baking sheet. Repeat until all the batter is on the baking sheet.
- Bake the cereal for 30 minutes.
- Allow the cereal to cool and sit out for about 2 hours. This is when it gets crunchy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.