This recipe for baked oatmeal bars is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth. Store these in the refrigerator and serve them cold, or serve them heated up with a little coconut or almond milk over top. Topped with fresh fruit, they look deceptively complex for something that's so simple to make.
Berry Baked Oatmeal Bars [Vegan]
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed, plus 3 tablespoons water)
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- t 1/2 cup organic raw agave nectar
- 2 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups mixed berries (plus extra for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and rub a little coconut oil in a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Mix the ground flax seed and warm water in a small dish and set aside to thicken.
In a large bowl, mix oats, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
In another bowl mix thickened flax mixture, vanilla, agave, coconut milk, and coconut oil. Add wet ingredients into dry and stir to combine.
- Gently mix in fresh berries then pour into baking dish.
- Baking for 25 minutes covered then an additional 10 minutes uncovered until most of the liquid is gone and oats are slightly spongy. Remove and let cool. Serve warm or cold.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile