This is a quick and easy recipe that will leave you feeling satisfied! You can either make the falafel from scratch or use store-bought. It pairs beautifully with a colorful salad, beet hummus, and tzatziki!
Bento Box Falafel Salad Bowl [Vegan]
For the Falafel Salad:
- A few handfuls of Baby lettuce mix
- 1/4 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 thinly sliced cucumber
- A couple thinly sliced purple cabbage pieces
- 1-2 radishes, thinly sliced
- Pea shoots
- Lemon wedge
- Beet hummus or tzatziki (recipe below)
For the Tzatziki:
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream or plain coconut yogurt
- Splash of non-dairy milk
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of fresh or dried dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh or dried chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Add all the tzatziki ingredients small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Toss the lettuce and other vegetables together. Top with the cooked falafels and drizzle with beet hummus or tzatziki (or both if you're feeling the flavors). Alternatively you could store the sauce(s) in a separate container until ready to consume.