The nutrient-packed superstar beetroot gives this amazing hummus its spookylicious flavour and unique colour.
Beetroot Hummus and Pumpkin Crispbread [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Beetroot Hummus and Pumpkin Crispbread [Vegan]
- 2 1/4 cup baby beetroot, peeled (equates to three small beetroot)
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked
- juice of one half lemon
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
How to Prepare Beetroot Hummus and Pumpkin Crispbread [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 360ºF
- Line a tray with parchment paper and lay out beetroot. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 20 - 25 minutes or until soft. Set aside to cool.
- In a high-speed food processor, combine all ingredients (except olive oil) until you have a smooth paste.
- Lastly, slowly drizzle oil into dip, mix again, and season to taste.
- Store in the fridge for up to one week.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.