The nutrient-packed superstar beetroot gives this amazing hummus its spookylicious flavour and unique colour.
Beetroot Hummus and Pumpkin Crispbread [Vegan]
- 2 1/4 cup baby beetroot, peeled (equates to three small beetroot)
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked
- juice of one half lemon
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 360ºF
- Line a tray with parchment paper and lay out beetroot. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 20 - 25 minutes or until soft. Set aside to cool.
- In a high-speed food processor, combine all ingredients (except olive oil) until you have a smooth paste.
- Lastly, slowly drizzle oil into dip, mix again, and season to taste.
- Store in the fridge for up to one week.