If you’re looking for ways how to freshen up your hummus game or want to surprise your guests, this beet hummus is just for you. It’s creamy, garlicky and crazy bright pink.
Beet Hummus On Sourdough Avocado Toast [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked beets
- 1 can chickpeas [1 1/4 cup]
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 big clove of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- for serving: sourdough toast, avocado, sprouts, extra salt and pepper
- Put all ingredients into a blender and combine until smooth and creamy. Taste test and adjust the consistency by adding more water or oil if necessary.
- Spread a sourdough bread toast with beet hummus, top with avocado slices and sprinkle with some salt, pepper, and sprouts.