The best comfort foods are simple and making this appetizer is super-easy and super hands-off, like these pulled carrot rolls. Shredded carrots are the perfect whole foods-based replacement for pulled pork. Drenched in a tangy, sticky barbecue sauce, these pulled carrot rolls are a guaranteed hit.
BBQ Pulled Carrot Rolls [Vegan]
- Mix your bag of carrots with 2 teaspoons oil with a sprinkle of salt and powdered spices.
- Pour that onto a baking sheet and cover with foil. Bake at 375°F for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes or whenever the carrots have softened, mix it in a bowl with 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce. If using jalapeño, add it now. Divide into 4 parts.
- Open a can of vegan crescent rolls or prep your homemade crescent rolls and pull apart the 8 triangles.
- With your four piles of barbecue carrot, spoon half of a pile onto a triangle. Fold the dough over the carrots and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake 8 barbecue stuffed rolls at 350°F for about 25 minutes, until browned.
Inspired by Veganosity.