Adding a hint of heat to anything whether it be the focal point or just a hint enhances the flavor and actually help you burn calories due to peppers containing capsacian! This recipe may seem like it has a lot of steps or time, but the instructions are seamless. It’s easy, cheesy, has minimal ingredients, doesn’t have to be perfect, packs heat, and is perfect for any season.
Jalapeño ‘Cheddar’ Knots [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Add yeast to lukewarm almond milk and let sit for 10 minutes, Add 3 cups of flour to a large bowl. Add salt. Stir in yeast mixture along with vegetable oil. Add and mix an additional 1/4 cup of flour. Knead until smooth.
- Transfer to an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Turn off oven. Let rise in oven until doubled (about 1 hour). As dough rises, prepare the topping by shredding cheese and slicing jalapeños.
- Preheat oven to 250°F. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a rectangle. slice 1-inch thick strips. Working with each strip, flatten and spread, top with a generous layer of shredded vegan cheddar and sliced jalapeños. Tie each of the 32 strips into a knot.Repeat with all pieces.
- Once all are done, top with more shredded cheese and jalapeños, drizzle with olive oil. Turn off oven, place aluminum foil over skillet and let the knots rise until puffy in oven, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Remove the aluminum foil. Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 25 minutes.