When it comes to making a tofu sandwich, a few flavorful touches can make all of the difference. In this sandwich, smoked tofu is used and marinated in a garlicky soy sauce mixture, drizzled with BBQ sauce, and then topped with flaked almonds. These savory components contrast wonderfully with the refreshing zucchini and creamy avocado. Yum!
Barbecue Smoked Tofu Open-Face Sandwich [Vegan]
- 1 8-ounce block smoked tofu, sliced
- Sliced zucchini
- Soy sauce
- Garlic powder
- Smoked paprika powder
- Flaked almonds
- BBQ sauce of your choice
- Hummus of your choice
- Bread of your choice
- Cut the tofu and zucchini into equal size slices. Add them to a bowl and pour some soy sauce into it, along with garlic powder and smoked paprika powder, and mix together. You can marinade for as long as you want.
- Fry the zucchini and tofu in a pan with a bit of oil and pour the marinade over it so it absorbs all the flavors.
- In a separate pan, heat up some oil and add the almond flakes and some salt. Carefully toast until they get a nice brown color. Stir all the time on medium heat and make sure it doesn't burn.
- Now deseed and slice up an avocado.
- Spread some hummus on your sandwich and start assembling: Add the avocado, the smoked tofu, and then the zucchini, and repeat the process. Drizzle BBQ sauce on it and garnish by sprinkling the toasted almond flakes on top. Serve.