This recipe is simple and straightforward, but these make the perfect little party bites, especially for a game night. If you're looking for something fast and yummy (and not so sophisticated), that is pretty much foolproof, this is the recipe for you!
Barbecue Apricot Meatballs [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup beer (or more water)
- About 20 vegan meatballs, homemade or store-bought
- Add barbecue sauce, apricot preserves, water, and beer (if using) to a large pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the meatballs, stirring until they're well coated.
- Raise the heat slightly, simmering until heated through (about five minutes).
A good barbecue sauce makes all the difference here. You want something that has a bit of a spicy, peppery kick to it because the sweetness of the apricot will balance that out nicely. To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free vegan meatballs and use a gluten-free beer (or omit the beer altogether.)
- Veggie Meatballs