If you're looking for a dairy-free & eggless banana strawberry bread recipe, then this is it! This aromatic sweet bread cake has the perfect texture and taste. Make this easy-to-bake whole wheat banana bread if you have some ripe bananas or are craving a vegan dessert.
Banana Strawberry Bread [Vegan]
- 4 bananas, ripe
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 15 strawberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pinches nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 cup toasted & chopped mixed nuts optional
- In a mixing bowl add peeled bananas and mash them using a fork. You can also use a masher.
- Add brown sugar.
- Then add oil.
- Next add vanilla extract, nutmeg powder, and cinnamon powder.
- Using a whisk, mix all the ingredients together till the sugar melts and that there are no lumps.
- Sift whole wheat flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and add it to the bowl.
- Fold in the mixture carefully without deflating the batter.
- Then add finely chopped strawberries.
- You can also add chopped nuts and/or cocoa chips to the batter at this stage.
- Give it a light mix.
- Grease a loaf pan or line it with parchment paper and pour this batter into it.
- Smooth it out with a spatula to make sure the batter is evenly distributed.
- Lightly tap the pan so that there are no air bubbles.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake this bread cake for a good 30-40 minutes or do the toothpick test to check if it's done.
- Once it's done, take it out of the oven.
- Let it cool down before inverting it onto a plate.
- Using a serrated knife, cut slices and serve.