This is a super quick and easy dish--you just need a little time to let your tofu marinate. Once you've done that, you just slice your tomatoes and basil, toss and go! It's a great "lunch on the go."
Balsamic Tofu with Cherry Tomatoes [Vegan]
- 4 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste (several pinches of each)
- One 14-ounce package extra-firm tofu
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- Press your tofu first so that it will be able to absorb the balsamic properly. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes and then mix with the marinade ingredients. Cover and allow to marinate for an hour or so (or in the fridge overnight).
- In the meantime, chiffonade your basil and slice your tomatoes if you haven't already.
- Once the tofu is done marinating, toss it with the tomatoes and basil, and add in the olive oil. Add more salt and pepper, as needed. Depending on how much of the marinade your tofu has absorbed, you may want to add another tablespoon or so of balsamic.
You can pair this tofu with a nice pasta salad. Simply cook some pasta, then add a bit of salad dressing. Then throw in some spicy olives along with the red peppers from the bottle, dried oregano, mustard powder, hearts of palm, arugula and a little bit of olive oil. And don't forget your baguette!