The only way you could make fries more delicious is if had a nice side of spicy hummus to dip them in – and now you do. These yam fries are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and served with a creamy hummus with just the right amount of spice.
Baked Yam Fries With Sriracha Hummus [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Fries:
- 3-4 large yams or sweet potatoes, washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Hummus:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking tray with foil.
- Chop the potatoes into matchsticks and toss them with olive oil and seasoning in a large bowl and spread them out in an even layer on the tray.
- Bake them for 15 minutes.
- Remove them from oven, toss them a little bit, and then return them to oven and bake for 15-25 more minutes until crispy.
- Remove them from the oven and season them with more salt and pepper.
- Combine all the ingredients for hummus in a small food processor or blender and pulse them until they're smooth.