All the ingredients in this scrumptious bowl are superb for your skin, so it's gonna make you glow from the inside out (sweet potatoes, greens, pumpkin seeds, and whole-grain pasta). But that awesome aspect aside, this recipe is so damn DELICIOUS.
Baked Sweet Potato With Pesto Pasta, Tomatoes, and Pumpkin Seeds [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Baked Sweet Potato With Pesto Pasta, Tomatoes, and Pumpkin Seeds [Vegan]
For the Bowl:
- 1 large sweet potato
- 8 ounces uncooked whole-grain pasta
- 2-4 heirloom tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
For the Kale Pesto:
- 1 cup lacinato kale leaves
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon pepper infused coconut oil (see notes)
- Sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 avocado
- Water, as needed
How To Make Baked Sweet Potato With Pesto Pasta, Tomatoes, and Pumpkin Seeds [Vegan]
To Make the Bowl:
To Make the Kale Pesto:
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Wash, scrub and dry the sweet potato, then poke holes in it with a fork. Set it on a baking sheet lined with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes, flip it over and bake for another 30 or so (although if your sweet potato is smaller you might just need the first 30 minutes). This actually works just fine if you have the oven at 350°F, and you don't have to poke holes in the sweet potato or have it on tinfoil. Press it with a fork and make sure it's soft all the way through.
- Wrap in tinfoil and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to directions on package.
- Slice the tomatoes.
- Put everything in your food processor and pulse/process until it begins to get the consistency of pesto. If it's too crumbly, add more water or oil as needed. Adjust according to taste.
- Coat the pasta in the pesto, then serve with the sweet potato and tomatoes, sprinkling with pepper and pumpkin seeds.
You don't HAVE to use that special coconut oil but it literally has magical properties so I recommend you get a jar of it. Otherwise you can just use normal coconut oil and add some lemon juice and black pepper to the pesto. I won't judge.
- Pumpkin Seed
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 1947 | Total Carbs: 242 g | Total Fat: 91 g | Total Protein: 93 g | Total Sodium: 780 g | Total Sugar: 34 g Calculation not including salt.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
half the recipe is missing….?