Simple and tasteful, this recipe goes great as a side dish or a main dish. It's the ideal fall recipe, full of amazing flavor and will make your whole kitchen smell amazing!
Baked Sugar Pumpkin with Mushrooms [Vegan]
- 1 sugar pumpkin (also called pie pumpkin)
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in small pieces
- Olive oil
- 1 red onion peeled and chopped
- Red chili pepper
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup coral mushrooms
- 2 cups porcini mushrooms
- Preheat the oven at 450º F. Cut the top off the pumpkin and reserve it. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon and keep them to one side.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Pour in a splash of olive oil, then add the chopped onion and chopped garlic, Cook gently for 10 minutes until onion is soft. Add the mushrooms, cinnamon, turmeric, salt and pepper. Just before it's done, add the sour cream.
- Put the pumpkin on a baking tray. Fill the inside with the mushroom mix. Put in the oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Take the lid off and leave it for another 20 min. The pumpkin is ready when you can easily push a knife into it. Bring it to the table and open it up in front of everyone. Cut it into thick wedges and tuck in, leaving the skin. Serve with seasonal greens.