A perfect vegan black and white mousse recipe for a great Oscar party that can be transformed into a St. Patrick's Day Guinness Black and White Mouse Recipe with one quick change!
Black and White Mousse [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cans coconut milk (just the cream)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 2 tsp coconut nectar
- 1/8 tsp orange blossom water (optional)
- 1 banana
- 1/4 tsp fleur de sel
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp cacao
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk reserve or vegan stout beer
- Blend the 2 cans coconut milk (just the cream), vanilla paste, vanilla powder, coconut nectar and orange blossom water (if using).
- Take out half of the cream and refrigerate. Then, add remaining ingredients to what's left of the cream in the blender. Refrigerate in a separate bowl.
- After a 1/2 hour, stir and see if the consistency has changed from pudding-like to mousse. If not, refrigerate for another 1/2 hour.
- Once consistency is mousse-like, layer mousse and cream in a glass.
- Serve to happy guests!
Need to know if that beer is vegan? Check Barnivore.com to make sure!