Let’s talk spaghetti. Synonymous with fun and, of course, a little mess. But this one is a definite mummy-approved-let’s-make-a-mess dish because it’s entirely made of a magical vegetable – the zucchini. This Doppelgänger-pasta won’t disappoint as it has all the same great flavor and fork-twirling fun.
Avocado Spaghetti [Vegan]
- 2 large zucchini, spiraled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (stems removed)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Spiralize the zucchini and set aside.
- In a food processor, add avocados and pesto ingredients and mix until creamy.
- Drizzle olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add zucchini and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. (You can also skip this step and serve the noodles raw).
- Add zucchini in a large bowl and toss with avocado pesto. Serve warm.