This authentic Spanish gazpacho is soupendous! Full of garlicky flavor, it’s the perfect cold soup to eat on a hot summer day when you want something light and refreshing.
Authentic Spanish Gazpacho [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup stale white bread
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound tomatoes
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Rip apart the stale bread into large pieces and soak in water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a food processor, blend the tomatoes. Add in the cucumbers, red onion, and garlic. Squeeze any excess water out of the bread and add to the mixture. Pour in the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. If desired, strain through a sieve for a more fine texture.
- Place in a sealed container and chill for at least two hours. When ready to serve, dish the gazpacho in bowls and top with croutons, extra cucumbers, and a dash of ground pepper.