These sweet potato, apple and mushroom hash browns may sound crazy but they are the perfect mix of flavors and nutrients! Great meal!!
Apple Sweet Potato and Mushroom Hash [Vegan]
- 1 apple peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into small cubes (about 1")
- 8 white mushrooms, sliced or cut into small pieces
- 1 large shallot or 1/2 an onion if you don't have shallot on hand
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (you can use dry, but fresh makes a difference in this dish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Heat pan over medium heat. Add shallot and cook for 2 minutes until soft. Add the rest of the ingredients except for water. Cook for 10 minutes stirring regularly. Add water and cover continuing to stir for another 10 minutes or until sweet potatoes have softened.