If you love the deliciously fragrant combination of apples and cinnamon, this recipe is for you! These moist biscuit-like cookies are perfect for breakfast or a snack. They are filled with fiber rich ingredients like apples, coconut flour, coconut oil, cinnamon, and sunflower seeds. Serve these nice and warm and know that you're eating your way to wellness!
Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3/4 cup sunflower seed meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pure stevia powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk (not canned), or other dairy-free milk
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- For the sunflower seed meal, add 1 cup roasted and salted sunflower seeds to a blender and blend until fine crumbles form.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the coconut milk, applesauce, and coconut oil and stir until well mixed.
- Place large spoonfuls of dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet to form 6 cookies.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.